cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MicrosoftUser01

Change Forms Response Id in Lists

I have a flow that creates a List entry and adds /21 for the year when a user fills out a form, giving me a unique ID on the list that I then use as reference when sharing. I have recently updated the form and my response Id has reset, now giving me duplicate references in my List.

Can I change the Response Id in the Create Item step to add a number to bring that Response Id back inline with the old sequential Response Id from my old form to maintain the reference number on the List.

The old List ID ended at 272/21 but the new is up to 19/21. 272 and 19 being the Response Id from the Forms entry. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chandra1
Helper III
Helper III

Okay so for that you can use add function.

add(input1, input2)

here input1 will be form response id

input2 will be 250 

as output you will get the total of it.

give it a try. I cloud try to provide code once i am with my computer.

thanks,

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

No, it's not possible to change the form response id.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

@RobElliott Thank you for your response. 

I dont want to change the Form Response Id at source I am trying to change the input into the Title column of the Microsoft List. Is there no way to take the Response Id and add a fixed Integer to it? PSB for the setup:

User Fills out Form, Automate gets response details and then creates Item on the Microsoft List. For the Title field I then append /21 for this year.

InkedFlow_LI.jpg

Currently I have to manually change the Title column below, however if there was a function or expression I could use to add a set Integer to the current output of the Response Id then it would mitigate the manual step.

InkedOutput_LI.jpg

Obviously if like you said It cant be changed at the Create Item List entry stage then I will except this as solved. A manual solution I have found is just to manual input dummy Form responses until the Response Id gets to a number inline with the above.

Yes, if you are putting the response ID into a different column you could grab it, increment it by 1 then add it to the list in the Create item action.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

@RobElliott 

How do I do that? Also can I add a different number such as 250 to the Response Id number?

chandra1
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @MicrosoftUser01, if you are thinking adding 21 year attaching to your list item id but want to automate instead typing manually you can use below function.

chandra1_0-1635947226313.png

substring(body('Current_time'), 2, 2)

Let me know if it helps.

@chandra1 thank you for the above, I will try and let you know. Will make it easier when we roll into 2022 👍.

@chandra1 works well, how do I amend to output 2021 instead of just 21?

chandra1
Helper III
Helper III

Glad to know it worked.

if you want to add full year you could just replace the values as below. 

substring(body('Current_time'), 0, 4)

what it is doing that from above output extract data from character position 0, total 4 characters. simple as that. 

see below link for more info.

Reference guide for functions in expressions - Azure Logic Apps | Microsoft Docs

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@chandra1 figured it out, thanks again.

substring(body('Current_time'),0,4)

chandra1
Helper III
Helper III

Cool, @MicrosoftUser01,

could you mark as Accepted solution so other people may have similar issues and can find this useful.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@chandra1 It is still not resolved.

The original question was to take the Form Response Id and in the Create item step for the Microsoft List add another number to it so it adds a set number to the Response Id.

The Response Id is currently 20, I need it to be the input to the List to be Response Id + 250 so the output is:

270/2021

chandra1
Helper III
Helper III

Okay so for that you can use add function.

add(input1, input2)

here input1 will be form response id

input2 will be 250 

as output you will get the total of it.

give it a try. I cloud try to provide code once i am with my computer.

thanks,

MicrosoftUser01

The below worked for my specific example. 

add(triggerOutputs()?['body/resourceData/responseId'],250)

I wasn't aware you could include Dynamic content directly into an Expression.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,765)