cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Change Teams Notification sender or otherwise still receive notifications from my account

Hi

I've created a workflow that ends with posting a notification to Teams. The problem is, I don't know when the workflow has posted there because you don't receive notifications when you post yourself.

I either need a way to change the account the post is made from or otherwise make it that I get the notifications as well. I really don't want to go down the path of paying for an E1 licence on a generic email account, just to get the 'occasional' notification.

Open to suggestions.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Victor.

I did try using the V2 for Teams but it kept breaking the flow on testing. It appears not to be supported any more.

You are right that I could add to the workflow an email to myself, but as this use case expands, I've decided to bite the bullet and subscribe a new E1 account + per user flow, as a service account.

Thanks again for your thoughts and recommendations.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Send as a shared mailbox or as a distribution group with no members.

Thanks for the suggestion Victor, but how can you change the flow to send from a DL, particularly when it isn't an actual account. ie, I can't share it control/re-assign the flow to a DL (Can I)?

Memorable Member
Memorable Member

To send a notification to yourself use "Send an email (V2)" action and populate the "From (Send as)" field.

Thanks Victor, yes I can do that for email notifications however the workflow is for a MS Teams Notification.

Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @BA-Scott , can you post a notification to a team AND send an email to yourself?

Hi Victor.

I did try using the V2 for Teams but it kept breaking the flow on testing. It appears not to be supported any more.

You are right that I could add to the workflow an email to myself, but as this use case expands, I've decided to bite the bullet and subscribe a new E1 account + per user flow, as a service account.

Thanks again for your thoughts and recommendations.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (99,780)