cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fyver
Frequent Visitor

Change entry in SP list if corresponding event in outlook was deleted

Dear all,

I have a flow (happy for any improvements in general, too) that gets the events of an outlook calendar, checks if this event (event ID) is already in the corresponding SP list and then either i) creates an item in the list if the event ID was not found or ii) updates the event that has been found in the list. This is working so far, perhaps it can be done in a more elegant way and if so, I am realy happy for suggestions on how to improve.

Next step is to check if any item in the SharePoint list, based on the meeting ID that was extracted from the meeting in the outlook calendar (at least this is my idea on how to achieve that), is not available in the outlook calendar (which would mean that the meetin was cancelled). I am aware of the "When an event is added, updated or deleted (V3)" trigger but I encountered serious problem using that (please see here: Unexplainable amount of flow runs on "When an even... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)).

I tried use an ODATA filter on the event ID with the "Get calendar view of events (V3)" action but it is not possible to filter on the event ID (The property 'Id' does not support filtering.) and wanted to then check again the lenght of the output as I have done in my first step (just other way around now). With the "Get event (V3)" action it is possible to query based on the event ID but if the element cannot be found the flow fails and stops, thus not delivering what I want.

Enclosed my current flow (sorry I did not know that it will not be possible to zoom in on the image within the browser, you can download the full image or use the cropped versions at the bottom of the message):

90c488ed-dd3b-49bd-bb68-c68878c1f1f9.png

Split versions:

Step 1Step 1

Step 2Step 2

Step 3Step 3

Step 4 (of interest)Step 4 (of interest)

Thanks a lot for your help!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (77,105)