cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navaidm
Helper II
Helper II

Change file attachment name to lower case for comparison

Hi All- the Idiot is back. Thanks to @AlanPs1  I have a flow that looks into my new emails and saves the attachment in onedrive if the attchment has a specific name. However the condition (contains ) that checks the filename is case sensitive. I tried using toLower('Apply to Each')?['Name'] but "Attachment Name" is not in dynamic content (clicked see more as well). Tried to compose before condition but  still same. Need help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @navaidm ,

Thanks for updating.

I am so glad to hear that you’ve figured out a solution and it is working now.

By the way, you could try the following way as well.

Within the apply to each, add a Compose action, then select dynamic content Attachments Name as its inputs. Then click on the dynamic content and Ctrl+C, then paste it into the function bar under Expression tab.

Then you could select the highlighted part and use it in toLower function likes below:

toLower(items('Apply_to_each')?['Name'])

A screenshot for your reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
navaidm
Helper II
Helper II

@AlanPs1  / All .  I used initialise and set string on filename and then tolower on string. This worked. While I dont understand the reason why "contains" works on "dynamic content attachment name" and "tolower" does not" , it has solved the problem. 

Hi @navaidm ,

Thanks for updating.

I am so glad to hear that you’ve figured out a solution and it is working now.

By the way, you could try the following way as well.

Within the apply to each, add a Compose action, then select dynamic content Attachments Name as its inputs. Then click on the dynamic content and Ctrl+C, then paste it into the function bar under Expression tab.

Then you could select the highlighted part and use it in toLower function likes below:

toLower(items('Apply_to_each')?['Name'])

A screenshot for your reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Worked like a charm ..tnx @v-yamao-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (3,409)