cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshMohr
Level: Powered On

Changing The first published date on news page

Hey Guys,

I'm currently facing an issue with changing the first published date of news pages. My Flow creates a new file with the same content like a selected news page and its neccessary for our process that after the creation we set a new first published date because this flow often triggers some weeks after the creation of the originial file. Then the newly created News page has the same old first published date and is shown somewhere lower. 

Until yesterday we achieved this in the flow with setting the first published date through the REST Action. It looks like this:

Published date.PNG

But at some point this week it stopped working. The Flow runs fine but the FirstPublishedDate is not changed. It probably had to do with a change on MS side? Does anybody has an solution on how to change the First Published Date ideally throgh MS Flow? 

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Changing The first published date on news page

Hi @JoshMohr ,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow configuration?

It seems that the value for FistPublishedDate comes from a variable. Please make sure the variable does return a correct value.

I will help reproduce this issue on my side then.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JoshMohr

Hey @v-yamao-msft ,

here is a screenshot of the hole flow configuration. I opened the relevant parts for you:

FlowConfig.png

The variable "Aktuelles Datum" is just set to utcNow(). Also I'm setting a custom Date Field named "HeadlineEndDate" and I'm setting it as "Aktuelles Datum" + 6 Days and for this field it's working fine. The other Cases in the switch case are built the same and also won't work. Besides this flow I have also other Flows which set the FirstPublishedDate the same and they also stopped working. Also maybe an important note: The Flow doesn't throw an error it is just not setting value.

Thanks for your help! If I can provide you further information just ask!

Best regards,

Josh

JoshMohr

@v-yamao-msft any updates?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 352 members 6,965 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: