cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edsicle
Frequent Visitor

Changing the value of a record in dynamics by parsing text

Hello,

I am new to power automate and a task I undertook seemed easy at first since I know how to do it in JavaScript but I cannot seem to figure it out with a flow. I have a table in MS Dynamics that gets populated with partially the wrong information from a different team. I need to edit that information to remove certain text from the string and replace it with different text. I got as far as triggering the Flow on create and then finding where in the string the text is but I am very confused at how to use variables in Power Automate, it's not at all what I'm used to. So in short, I need to change a substring in a text field to a different substring on create. Any advice or direction to documentation would be helpful, Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Edsicle 

After the trigger add a compose action step. Then map the dynamic property value from your trigger step which you want to replace. Next add another compose action step. Click the expression tab and type replace() expression. Set the above output compose and replace string details. Next step update row using the above id and map the output from the previous expression step compose where you set the replace().

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Edsicle 

After the trigger add a compose action step. Then map the dynamic property value from your trigger step which you want to replace. Next add another compose action step. Click the expression tab and type replace() expression. Set the above output compose and replace string details. Next step update row using the above id and map the output from the previous expression step compose where you set the replace().

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

Edsicle
Frequent Visitor

That worked perfectly, thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,620)