Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Byrdwatcher1967
Level: Powered On

Changing values in a sharepoint list

Hi, 

I would like to change the requester field if it's empty to the created field in a sharepoint list.

My problem is that I don't see the requester field when i go to Update item part of the flow.
Is there a way for me to do this?

Thanks

Flow1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Changing values in a sharepoint list

Hi Byrdwatcher1967,

I assume that the Requester field should be a Person/Group column. Currently, Person/Group column is not supported. So the Requester field won’t appear on the picture you have provided.

As far as I know, Person/Group, Lookup, Choice, Calculated, Managed Metadata, External Data column types are currently not supported in the action “SharePoint Online--Update item”. So you are not able to update these columns.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Byrdwatcher1967,

My understanding is that you want to use a condition to check if a field is empty or not. If a field is empty, then you want to set the empty field as Required field in the Update item action. Am I right?

I am afraid that it might be impossible. When we use the Update item action, the required fields would be the fields that we have set in the SharePoint list.

Say I have set two fields as “Required” under SharePoint List settings, then when I use the action Update item to update the list, the two fields will also be required.

4.PNG

5.PNG

Please try to set the required field Under SharePoint List settings to see if this will work for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Byrdwatcher1967

hi Mabel Mao, 

Sorry for my late response. 

In relation to your question: 

"My understanding is that you want to use a condition to check if a field is empty or not. If a field is empty, then you want to set the empty field as Required field in the Update item action. Am I right?" 

That's correct. 

My goal is to update the Requester field (which isn't a required field). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your help. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Byrdwatcher1967,

Currently, I’m afraid there is no way to achieve your requirement. Please consider to create your request at Flow Ideas Forum, PGs will check this forum and take your idea into consideration in the future releases.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Byrdwatcher1967

Ok Thanks. What I don't really understand is that I see many columns and workflows listed below but the one I want isn't. Do you know how the options in the pic below are gathered. Why does for example description appear in the list below but requester doesn't? 

Thank you. 

flow1.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Byrdwatcher1967,

I assume that the Requester field should be a Person/Group column. Currently, Person/Group column is not supported. So the Requester field won’t appear on the picture you have provided.

As far as I know, Person/Group, Lookup, Choice, Calculated, Managed Metadata, External Data column types are currently not supported in the action “SharePoint Online--Update item”. So you are not able to update these columns.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

View solution in original post

Byrdwatcher1967

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,750)