cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Frequent Visitor

Characters are being changed while exporting SharePoint list with German characters to CSV files

I have a SharePoint list with German Characters . I am using the template " Copy SharePoint List Items to CSV" . The flow is executing fine. but German characters  Ä, Ü, Ö are getting changed and mL/m³ to mL/m³ . Please suggest how to get the exact data from SharePoint list to CSV files

 

123.GIF

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LakshmanChand,

 

Unfortunately, German characters and other special characters are not supported when convert them into CSV file.

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

 

View solution in original post

I raised a case with Microsoft. In my flow, we are generating a CSV files using the data in SharePoint Lists and storing the CSV files On OneDrive. When we opened the CSV files using Excel, Excel was not able to display the German characters. But when we open the same CSV file with notepad or notepad++, the data was as expected. So, the issue was with Excel and not with flow.

 

Thanks

Lakshman

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LakshmanChand,

 

Unfortunately, German characters and other special characters are not supported when convert them into CSV file.

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

 

View solution in original post

Hi Lin Tu,

 

Thanks for your response. I found another post similar to this but in that case the files are placing in FTP folder. FTP connector has an option Binary Transport which resolved the issue. In our case csv files are uploaded to OneDrive. Is there any such option for OneDrive connector or please suggest any alternative

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/German-characters-%C3%84%C3%9C%C3%96/m-p/111376#M2...

I raised a case with Microsoft. In my flow, we are generating a CSV files using the data in SharePoint Lists and storing the CSV files On OneDrive. When we opened the CSV files using Excel, Excel was not able to display the German characters. But when we open the same CSV file with notepad or notepad++, the data was as expected. So, the issue was with Excel and not with flow.

 

Thanks

Lakshman

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,941)