Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NativeNass
Helper III
Helper III

Check Sharepoint 'Get Items' against users in AD Group

Hi all

I have a question concerning a flow I am building.

I have a Sharepoint list in which responses to a certain topic are listed.

In my flow, every time a response is submitted, I need to check if all users of a certain AD group have already submitted their answer.

It is something like "approvals", but I do not wish to use those out of the box approvals since it is not completely relevant to my use case.

Basically I need to check if all users in a specific AD Group have submitted their request, and if that submission has the "Accepted" value.

If all submitted requests of all users in the AD Group are positive, I will need to change the status on a parent list to Accepted.

Thank you in advance and my apologies of my explanation is not that clear 🙂

kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @NativeNass 

There is an AD connector action step called Get Group Members. Then from SharePoint use the Created by column which will give you which user created the response. You may need to keep a total count of users against the SharePoint created by. Once all AD users from the specified group have a positive response then you could do the relevant update in other SharePoint list.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @NativeNass 

There is an AD connector action step called Get Group Members. Then from SharePoint use the Created by column which will give you which user created the response. You may need to keep a total count of users against the SharePoint created by. Once all AD users from the specified group have a positive response then you could do the relevant update in other SharePoint list.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

hi @abm 

Thank you for the response, I was already in the counting way of thinking at the moment of your writing 😄

I have counted all users in my AD Group and then I have counted all entries in the sharepoint list who have the status 'Accepted'. If those number add up, I update another list 🙂

I would like to thank you to take the time to look at my request 🙂

Kind regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,106)