cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check a SharePoint Calendar once a Day and post a message with content from the all day event

Hi,

I am hoping to simplify a current process where we have a SharePoint calendar to schedule on-call time. The support desk is beginning to use a Team site, and I would like to make a flow that does the following:

1. Each morning at a set time, the calendar is checked for the event of the day.

2. A new message is posted to a Team channel, with some information from the calendar event, like the name, and some additional text.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Brian

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Check a SharePoint Calendar once a Day and post a message with content from the all day event

Hi @Sasscanoodle,

Do you want to post a new message to Team channel with some information from all calendar events of the day?

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add Recurrence trigger, Interval set to 1, Frequency set to Day and At these hours set to 9.
  • Add “Get items” action, specify Site Address and List Name (type your SharePoint calendar list as a custom value).
  • Add “Select” action, From set to output of “Get items” action. Within Map entry, type the content as below:12.JPG

• Add “Filter array” action, From set to output of “Select” action, click “Edit in advanced mode”, type the following formula:

@equals(formatDateTime(item()?['Created'], 'MM/dd/yyyy'), formatDateTime(utcNow(), 'MM/dd/yyyy'))

• Add “Create HTML table” action, From set to output of “Filter array” action.
  • Add “Post message” action, Message set to output of “Create HTML table” action.

Image reference:13.JPG

14.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:15.JPG

16.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Check a SharePoint Calendar once a Day and post a message with content from the all day event

Hi,

This looks great, I am running into one issue though. When trying to create the mapping on the Select, I am not getting option choices for the details of events, which makes me think I am missing something....any thoughts?

As a different work around, I was thinking of pulling in the RSS feed for the calendar and get that working, seems to work that way as well.

Thanks,

Brian

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

When you add a "Select" action, From field should be set to output of "Get items" action. Then you should click "Enter key" box and type a value. When you click the "Enter value" box, the dynamic content would be shown up automatically.2.JPG

Besides, please take a try to remove "Select" action and add it again to check if the issue still exists. Also please check if the connection to "Get items" action is valid, if it is invalid, update the connection.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I did try those, was hoping I was forgetting something silly. I have a feeling it is something with the sharepoint and calendar urls.

black797
Level: Power Up

I'm having an issue with your flow. When I run it, it outputs in the HTML table every event that's on the calendar, not just what's happening today. How do I limit it to get items from todays date only? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,806)