cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wnguyen23
Helper III
Helper III

Check for Duplicates in SharePoint using Flow

Hi, is there a way to check for duplicate IDs and delete the one entry if it exists?

I tried something below but was unable to get it working - I was attempting to create a list.  Would concat or join even work or am I completly going this the wrong way?  Thank you!

0.PNG1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

@wnguyen23 is on my team, and he and a teammate were able to accomplish checking for, and deleting duplicates in a list utilizing a Flow that looks like so: DeleteDuplicatesInSharePointList.png

If you have an questions about further about how we accomplished this, pleaset let he or I know. Otherwise, marking this question as solved. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

@wnguyen23 is on my team, and he and a teammate were able to accomplish checking for, and deleting duplicates in a list utilizing a Flow that looks like so: DeleteDuplicatesInSharePointList.png

If you have an questions about further about how we accomplished this, pleaset let he or I know. Otherwise, marking this question as solved. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Brad,

Could you please explain why this works? I tried this, and it does indeed work, but honestly I can't understand why it works.

Thanks!

@Brad_Groux @wnguyen23 how would the above 'Apply to each' configuration change to delete all rows in an excel sheet?

Please suggest

I think I figured it out.  I replaced Sort ID by Email in my list, because it was a user list, and I knew if there were 2 of the same email it would be a duplicate.  You can use whatever field that would show you it was a duplicate.

Now when running, it creates a list of all the items the first time it sees them, "if No" add it to the array.  Then when it sees them again it's already got them in the list and it runs the "If Yes".  I hope that helps someone else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,479)