Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjack
Resolver I
Resolver I

Check for condition, yes = update, no = create

Hello, 

My trigger is Business central (BC) and when an record is changed, then I Get the record from BC. step 3 I get the items from a SharePoint (SP) list. then i have a condition to check if the title in SP is equal to the ID from BC. if yes, it updates the existing record. if no, a new record is created. 

Now, as you know that the apply to each is used because of get items. so for each condition that outputs a 'no', a new item is created because only one ID from business central is checked with each items in SP. 

how do i get this to work so it creates only when the item doesnt exist at all? as a work around I can have 2 flows, one to create and one to update, but really want to have just one so less number of flows are created and managed. any suggestions?

I tried odata filter in get items but not sure how to get it to work. kinda followed this 

any help will be greatly appreciated 

rjack_0-1624030763805.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rjack
Resolver I
Resolver I

This is fixed by adding a filter query on 'get items' followed by a condition which compares the length of get items to '0' (zero). if '0' creates an item, if not zero, updates the item. 

rjack_1-1624389341062.png

condition: length(body('Get_items')?['value'])  equals 0
rjack_0-1624389315851.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
zbenhallam

Hello,

Instead of using the Condition Control use the switch Control as shown bellow.

2021-06-18_17h59_49.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a 👍

@zbenhallam Thank you for the quick response. I can see that this will work, but how do I add a dynamic content for the case condition? 

rjack
Resolver I
Resolver I

This is fixed by adding a filter query on 'get items' followed by a condition which compares the length of get items to '0' (zero). if '0' creates an item, if not zero, updates the item. 

rjack_1-1624389341062.png

condition: length(body('Get_items')?['value'])  equals 0
rjack_0-1624389315851.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,990)