Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Check for duplicates in Excel update a row

Hello Community,

I have built a flow that gets information from a SharePoint list and updates a row in Excel,

But, what I would like to do is check for Duplications, rather than the data be overwritten or having to add a condition to look to see if the SharePoint ID is equal to null which is what I have done, as shown below

How do you check for Duplications?, I would like to send an email or summary on the duplicated items if possible.

This is my current workflow, which works at the moment, but I would like to improve this by checking for Duplicated items

I'm updating the SharePoint ID from a List, into the Excel Table

Screenshot 2020-09-15 145418.pngScreenshot 2020-09-15 145436.png

Any assistance to resolve the issue for checking duplicated items would be appreciated.

Thank you & regards

Claire

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Check for duplicates in Excel update a row

Hi @ClaireAllen

I see you have three Apply to each in your flow, you need to remove the extra one.

And You need to have a column in excel would be same with the column in sharepoint for identify the special row.

You could take a try to refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hello @v-alzhan-msft ,

Thank you for the advise,

I tried to remove the third apply to each, but when I added the additional information in the condition it automatically enters another Apply to each

Screenshot 2020-09-16 122842.pngScreenshot 2020-09-16 123021.png

Now that I have added the extra condition in, my Flow does not work, my Excel list does not update with the SharePoint ID as it did before.

By adding the extra condition in as advised, my understanding is that if the Excel Column and SharePoint Column match to update the Row, but they won't match until after the flow has run and put the ID from SharePoint into that Column, so do I need to add the condition somewhere else?

Sorry I'm a little confused.

Thank you

Claire

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hello Community,

Can anyone help me with my issue?

I'm trying to check for duplicates in my workflow which is in the message thread.

Any help would be appreciated to get this working.

Thank you

Claire

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ClaireAllen ,

Please make sure that you has refer to my screenshot below to create the flow, and it would be impossible that the additional apply to each would be added.

Please check your flow or share the full screenshot of your flow so I could find the problem in it.!

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hello @v-alzhan-msft 

Thank you for coming back to me, I did refer to your screen shot, and this is the message that I received, which is where the third apply to each was added by the system.

Screenshot 2020-09-22 102511.png

This is my current workflow,

Screenshot 2020-09-22 102313.pngScreenshot 2020-09-22 102342.pngScreenshot 2020-09-22 102409.png

I tried to add the extra condition in as you mentioned, but the workflow failed.

I did ask a question on a previous post, as I was a little confused on how the flow would run, which was:-

By adding the extra condition in as advised, my understanding is that if the Excel Column and SharePoint Column match to update the Row, but they won't match until after the flow has run and put the ID from SharePoint into that Column, so do I need to add the condition somewhere else?

I appreciate your assistance.

Kind regards

Claire

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ClaireAllen ,

Your flow is different with mine:

1.png

2.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Thank you @v-alzhan-msft 

I will re-build my flow to be the same as yours and will advise the outcome

Thank you

Claire

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hello @v-alzhan-msft 

So my workflow is still different to yours

I followed your steps,

Step 1, I've added a Recurrence rather than a manual options

Step 1.png

Step 2, when I was configuring the Get Items, the system again automatically added a apply to each when I entered the Filter Query

Step 2.png

Step 3, hopefully this is correct? but I still have 3 Apply to each due to Step 1

Step 3.png

Step 4, I'm now not sure if I have entered the correct information, as I am confused with the condition above

Step 4.png

Step 5, Error on Run (I have used this expression before on a previous flow without any problems?

Error.png

Kind regards

Claire

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,094)