cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ywliang96
Helper II
Helper II

Check for duplicates in my sharepoint list from Flow

I built a PowerApp to let the user to key in their details. The details will then stored inside a sharepoint list. One of it is a column named CustomerName with text data type field. 

After the user submit their form, Flow will triggered and check whether the new CustomerName that just filled in by the user is a duplicate or not. The Flow needs to detect if a customername is a duplicate. 

7 REPLIES 7
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ywliang96 ,

If you want to avoid creating duplicate items in the list, you could set this column to enforce unique values.

50.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I allowed duplications in the application but I would like the Flow to triggered whenever there's a duplications in the column

hi @ywliang96  mmm you could use a dropdown editable text that gets the values from you sharepoint list, an then if the name does not exit the user could know that he or she can send the name if exist then the name is going to auto complete.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

I want an email notification prompt whenever if a new record that happens to be a duplicate of the prior record

sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ywliang96 

I hope your trigger point is 'When an item is created', you can use the 'Get items' action to retrieve the items using filter query to search for the 'CustomerName' and 'ID' which is not equal to the ID triggered by the item. Use the conditional branch to check the length of the 'Get items' and use the Yes and No branch to do continue. Please refer the screenshot below.

I have used the 'Title' field instead of 'CustomerName' field. Please change the below condition on the fiter query of the 'Get items' action

Title eq '@{triggerBody()?['Title']}' and ID ne @{triggerBody()?['ID']}

Flow Res 4.png

Hope it helps, please mark it as answer if it resolves your issue.

-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hi @ywliang96 ,

If you want an email notification prompt whenever if a new record that happens to be a duplicate of the prior record, you could refer to the following method to configure Flow:

61.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you set the SP list to enforce unique values, what is the behavior if an automatic flow is feeding all items into the list?

Does it just block the item, but the flow continues? Does it send an email? Does the Flow fail? (i.e. do I need to set things into my Flow as well as then SP List settings?)

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,406)