cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sragot

Check if an email subject matches a SharePoint List items

Hi everyone,

First, I'd like to say I'm not a pro developer, so go easy on me 🙂

What I'm trying to do is pretty much just check and archive emails based on their subject line. If it contains a matching case number in my SharePoint list, I save the email to a corresponding folder.

What I have tried so far is :

1. start the flow with the "When a new email arrives" trigger.
  2. Get list items from SharePoint
  3. Try to have an Apply to each loop to test if my subject line contains an items in the SharePoint list.

It seems easy enough, but I can't make it work. I'm having trouble with the step 3. I'm sure there is something very easy that I'm not doing properly (maybe finding a way to isolate the item title and comparing it with the email subject line).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sragot,

How does the case number in Subject line look like? Could you please share an instance of subject line?

This is an example to check Email Subject if contains title of an item of SharePoint:

Screenshot 2020-09-17 150455.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sragot,

How does the case number in Subject line look like? Could you please share an instance of subject line?

This is an example to check Email Subject if contains title of an item of SharePoint:

Screenshot 2020-09-17 150455.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Well, this finally works !

It's the first thing I tried, but somehow I couldn't make it work...

Thank you !

@sragot how did you fix this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,749)