cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheSlawekG
Level: Powered On

Check if any answer from Forms was "No"

Hi,

I have created a Form where apart from a name answers are Yes/No.

After the form will be added to a SP list, there is a condition if any answer will be "No".

With smaller a form I simple checked every question from the form if it's "No".

How can I check if any answer were "No"?

Can I check and create like a list with negative answers so together with a warning email, the list of questions with negative answers would be added.

Thank you.

Slawek

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Check if any answer from Forms was "No"

You would Add a condition to a flow to check the value of your yes/no question. Then use the Create item action within the condition. Here's a mockup:FormResponseToSharePoint.png

Note that your SharePoint list columns will need to be formatted as single lines of text for them to be available to have the Forms definitions be passed into them during the Create item step.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TheSlawekG ,

I'm not sure if you want to check if all answers are No or if answers contains No.

Please provide more details about your needs.

If you want to check if all answers are No, please refer to the following method:

7.PNG

If you want to check if answers contain No, just change And in Condition to Or.

8.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TheSlawekG
Level: Powered On

Thank you for your help but it wasn't what I expected.

I know how to check if something is equal Yes or No.

The issue is the number of questions that need to be checked.

With a Form where I have 10 questions, I used this method and I check if the answer to the question was equal Yes.

But now I have 30 questions as below:

formsput.PNG

and then I have 30 questions like Yes or Other when Other means a reason why it hasn't been done.

So, do I really need to repeat "if" for every question like below?

formsput2.PNG

I would expect something like if any answer = "Yes" do nothing else send email to @ with List of Questions with answers other than "Yes".

What if my Form will have 100 questions?

Perhaps, there is a way to check the Sharepoint List with stored answers if the currently added row consists "Yes".

Thanks again.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @TheSlawekG 

Were you able to resolve this? 

From what I see, you want to check if all answers are Yes and then send an email and even if one answer is no send the email to the user to check. Is that right? 

If so, and if you have not resolved this yet, I would suggest you try this: 

Initialise an array variable in the beginning of the flow itself and in the get response details, add an action of append to array variable and select all the items/questions over here. Once done, the next action will be the if condition and for this, on the left side put the array and the right side put Other. the operator will be contains. So if the array contains Other you send one email and if it does not (that means all are yes) the other email is sent. Makes sense?

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,634)