Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veingro
Helper IV
Helper IV

Check if string contains specific words

Hello!

Would someone help me please with this condition? I want to trigger other actions only if value under specific column contains specific values. How to achieve that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Veingro ,

you can use a 'Condition' with 'contains' operator. Put the column on the left side and the value on the right side. You can combine multiple AND / OR conditions to check all situations, e.g. continue only if Title contains both, 'Test' AND 'lookup' strings.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Veingro ,

you can use a 'Condition' with 'contains' operator. Put the column on the left side and the value on the right side. You can combine multiple AND / OR conditions to check all situations, e.g. continue only if Title contains both, 'Test' AND 'lookup' strings.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

Hi @tom_riha , I was expecting that condition is not lower/upper case sensitive. After adding 'or' value it worked. Thanks! 

@tom_riha Tom, do you know why I am getting the following error even though it all worked in separate, test flow? Same columns, values etc.

Veingro_0-1614333752175.png

@tom_riha I solved it 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (69,027)