cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pocketens
Level: Powered On

Checking a calendar for existing entries before adding a new entry.

Hello,

I am trying to create a system in which when someone adds to a sharepoint list, it grabs a date entered on that list, and then creates an event on the shared calendar. That basic function I have been able to get working, but I need it now to make sure that the calendar does not have an entry on it first before proceeding. I have been trying to use "Get events" and then filter array, but every attempt after that leads to creating multiple calendar events due to it checking against each possible entry on the calendar and firing each time. What is the best way to approach this? its early on in the project, so I can reconfigure as need be. 

thanks, image is attached. Flow-Fail.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Checking a calendar for existing entries before adding a new entry.

HI @pocketens 

You can try using the Find Meeting Times action to find the free slots. Then you can get the item from the sharepoint list and compare the time from the sharepoint list and the available meeting times (output of the meeting time action) and then create the event accordingly. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

pocketens

I dont seem to be able to see a way in which it can check against a shared calendar?

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @pocketens,

You can add a mark to the subject of the calendar events that your flow creates to distinguish the flows that you create manually.

Then you need to add a condition action to determine the new event whether not contain "Create by flow" in Subject:

-If Yes, create an event, and add the "Create by flow" in its Subject;

-If No, do nothing.

Annotation 2019-06-25 153940.png

So that your flow will not trigger indefinitely.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

pocketens

So I would use that in addition to the rest of the flow? there is quite a bit preceeding it. 

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @pocketens,

It will only work for the flow you create next.

There is no other variable to store the state of the newly created event, this is a feasible method to solve your problem currently.

Please have a try, hopes it can help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,730)