cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kingdd

Checking if filtered Sharepoint is empty

Hey, I'm currently trying to automate our Backup messeges that we receive from E-Mails. So this Flow is triggered by a received E-Mail with no Filters set. In the First Part of the Subject there is always the Customer/Servername for example:

ExampleCustomerServer02 - Backup has been successful [..]

So I did split up the Subject from the E-Mail so in our example it would be "ExampleCustomerServer02" , now I'd like to check if this does exist in my Sharepoint List "Backup Notifications" if it does exist I'd like to Update the Item. If it does not exist I'd like to Create a new Element within this list, later there should be checked if a Item hasn't been updates (that would mean there hasn't been an E-Mail) I should get notified to check if the Backup didn't work and why there has been no E-Mail to me.

I tried to use this Manual https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Getting-alerts-when-an-email-isn-t... but at that Point where I have to use a Condition in advanced mode I'm kinda stuck for hours because I can't figure out on how to check if the Customer/Server does already exist in my Sharepoint List.

Here you can see my current Flow and my empty Sharepoint List: https://imgur.com/a/acoeAuw

Thanks for any help Provided!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Kingdd 

You should add an "if condition" using the following expression:

length(body('Get_items')?['value'])

And check if its greater than 0 or not.

if.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Kingdd 

You should add an "if condition" using the following expression:

length(body('Get_items')?['value'])

And check if its greater than 0 or not.

if.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Thanks for solving my Problem! Looks like it worked 🙂

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,155)