cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NielsL
Helper V
Helper V

Child flow error: The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.'.

I'm trying to get a child flow to run, but I am running in to some errors which I can't find a way around. I haven't used child flows before, so it might be something simple that I am missing.

I am getting this error when I run the flow:

The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Invalid type. Expected String but got Null.'.

The manual trigger is temporary while testing and will be replaced by another trigger. However, I have used the Manual trigger many times without this error. Does the error have anything to do with the child flow?

This is my parent flow. It will list users, and then I want a child flow to run for each of those users:

NielsL_0-1606991404308.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NielsL
Helper V
Helper V

I found the answer right after posting 🤦‍♂️

I use FetchXML for the List records action - and I forgot to include the email as an attribute there. Ah well, I hope someone else will benefit of the post at some point 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NielsL
Helper V
Helper V

I found the answer right after posting 🤦‍♂️

I use FetchXML for the List records action - and I forgot to include the email as an attribute there. Ah well, I hope someone else will benefit of the post at some point 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,125)