cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Child flow not working

I created a parent flow to trigger a child flow to update some records when a user has been disabled. When I added the Run Child Flow action to the Parent Flow, I kept getting an error to say I have to make my child flow not a run user only flow. There is no option on my child flow to set this, I checked the settings area and all I could see is the Connections setting and the Owners setting. Nothing under it. My understanding is you only set the run user only connection if the flow is manually triggered but in my case, the child flow is triggered with PowerApps so I don't understand what it wants from me.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Child flow not working

I'm seeing the same issue today, not sure whats happened to the child flow as its been working up until now.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cku3732 ,

What is the current situation, do similar problems still exist?

If it still exists, please provide error message and Flow run history so that we can reproduce similar issues.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi Barry, Yes this is still an issue. There's no flow run history because it wouldn't even let me build it in the first place. Flow checker just says 'Update the child flow for action 'Run_a_Child_Flow' to not use 'run-only user' connections. Only my child flow is not a manual trigger flow so it shouldn't be a run-only user connection in the first place and there's no option to update this on the child flow either. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I've had the same issue the past week and was told to switch the trigger to a manual trigger - which did work. Only to then be told by the same MS operative that the powerapps trigger should also work. I think a recent update broke it. 

Anyway, try the manual trigger instead of the powerapps trigger on your child flow. It worked for me. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @cku3732 

Please refer to these references regarding child flows:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/helpful-tips-for-using-child-flows/

https://blog.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/satyvirjasra/2019/11/06/how-to-call-a-child-flow-from-a-par...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up ?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I was doing exactly what that second link showed but in the past two weeks we saw the same symptoms as posted by the OP, MS support checked it out and told me to use the manual trigger instead. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,130)