cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HydrogenUtility
Helper III
Helper III

Child flow repeats multiple times and parent generates error. 'Terminate' action executes on child by design but parent flow is ignorant to response.

This Error:

The server did not receive a response from an upstream server. Request tracking id '08585831622344535876327437513CU09'.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 10.51.32 am.png

The child flow in question parses a number or parameters and writes lines to excel based on inputs. Several 'forks' in the flow terminate with 'success' by design:

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 10.45.28 am.png

...but in these situations the parent re-engages the child flow multiple times (as above, '4 retries occurred') and the excel ends up with correct entries but multiple lines of the same.

Can the issue be with the response call? Or is this behaviour a bug?

Any help certainly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HydrogenUtility
Helper III
Helper III

Actually I found the error. Foolish really:

Terminate before Response. Since flipping the order this error has been eliminated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HydrogenUtility
Helper III
Helper III

Actually I found the error. Foolish really:

Terminate before Response. Since flipping the order this error has been eliminated.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Thanks for your post! I am glad that you were able to get this issue resolved. Hopefully this will prove useful for future communities users.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,869)