Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmahuynh
Helper II
Helper II

Child item isn't deleted when parent list deleted

Hi team,

I want to update items in child list when items in parents updated. When I updated in parent list, the child list gets updated. But when I delete in Parents, the item in child list is still there. Example: 

I delete "Lead" values in parent: but in child list that value is still available. it only works if i update values like from A to B, but it doesn't work when i remove value. I just want to update and delete the values of Manager and Lead column of the item like "Mai Test", not the whole item itself. Thanks much

Parent List:

emmahuynh_1-1611108400190.png

Child List:

emmahuynh_0-1611108275323.png

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Since SharePoint isn't an actual Relational database you have to do these deletions manually in the flow.  You can simulate the behavior of an RDBMS if you set the relationship setting in the properties of the lookup column when you add it to the parent.  But this is not turned on by default. 

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,837)