Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmahuynh
Helper II
Helper II

Child item isn't deleted when parent list deleted

Hi team,

I want to update items in child list when items in parents updated. When I updated in parent list, the child list gets updated. But when I delete in Parents, the item in child list is still there. Example: 

I delete "Lead" values in parent: but in child list that value is still available. it only works if i update values like from A to B, but it doesn't work when i remove value. I just want to update and delete the values of Manager and Lead column of the item like "Mai Test", not the whole item itself. Thanks much

Parent List:

emmahuynh_1-1611108400190.png

Child List:

emmahuynh_0-1611108275323.png

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Since SharePoint isn't an actual Relational database you have to do these deletions manually in the flow.  You can simulate the behavior of an RDBMS if you set the relationship setting in the properties of the lookup column when you add it to the parent.  But this is not turned on by default. 

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,733)