cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
taramoe
Level: Powered On

Clear people picker box in SharePoint list error

I'm trying to clear a SharePoint Person/Group field and have explored lots of options from the Flow community as well as the PowerApps community.  I'm using the below Flow and am getting the below error.

My list is called 'Meeting Schedule' and the field I'm trying to clear is called 'SSM'.

Error:

"An entry without a type name was found, but no expected type was specified. To allow entries without type information, the expected type must also be specified when the model is specified."

Flow Screen Shots:
Flow Shot 1.jpgFlow Shot 2.jpgFlow Shot 3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
taramoe

Re: Clear people picker box in SharePoint list error

I got it to work.  Below is my screen shot.

I had multiple issues including

• The X-Http_Method should be Patch (though not entirely sure if this was causing most of my problems)
  • I need to have a double underscore in front of metadata
  • The text "ListItem" needs to be at the end of the list name
  • The field name needs "Id" at the end of it
  • Use the expression null instead of a -1.

Thank you for your help.

Flow Shot 4.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @taramoe,

I'm afraid that my Plan does not support creating a person picker box. But I would give you some advice on the configuration of Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action.

1.  First of all, I guess you want to use http request to update the item which SSM field value is not empty.

There may be a potential problem with this. Once the item is changed, Flow will be triggered because trigger contains conditions if the item is modified.This may create an infinite loop, you need to consider re-selecting the trigger.

2. Second, when Body is configured with Send an HTTP request, type value should be "SP.Data.Meeting_x0020_Schedule".

Open the source in this action-Body in the browser and observe the category of the xml data, which will contain the value of type.

I did a test on my side, using Button as a Trigger. The following configures a similar action.

Since you want to update all eligible items, you need to configure Send an HTTP request to SharePoint in Apply_to_each.

I can't create a people picker box, so Body just uses the updated Title as an example.

If you want to update the people picker box, you could first output the body of an item, observe the properties of the people picker box, and then configure accordingly.

Image reference:

62.PNG

Flow works well:

63.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
taramoe

Thank you Barry.  I want to clear the field completely, which is why I chose the "-1" as I've seen this published in other suggestions I've found in the Flow and the PowerApps community.  So it shouldn't create an infinite loop if the field gets cleared.  

The issue I'm having, I believe, is specific to the People Picker in SharePoint. When I follow your directions below I'm still getting the same error, which is why I believe it to be a People Picker issue, specifically.  From what I've read it is very difficult to clear it.  This solution is something I've gathered from the community here in Flow and PowerApps and some have had success but I continue to get the same error.

When you suggest to output the body of an item to observe the properties, I'm not sure how to do that.  Would you please clarify this?  

Thank you!

taramoe

I got it to work.  Below is my screen shot.

I had multiple issues including

• The X-Http_Method should be Patch (though not entirely sure if this was causing most of my problems)
  • I need to have a double underscore in front of metadata
  • The text "ListItem" needs to be at the end of the list name
  • The field name needs "Id" at the end of it
  • Use the expression null instead of a -1.

Thank you for your help.

Flow Shot 4.jpg

View solution in original post

Joorge_c

thanks @v-bacao-msft 

Any ideas how I can resolve this error?

This is my set up

error sp list.png

{
  "message": "A type named 'SP.Data.Support_x0020_&_x0020_Projects_x0020_TrackerListItem' could not be resolved by the model. When a model is available, each type name must resolve to a valid type.\r\nclientRequestId: 4284900f-2cbd-4aec-aa54-e2baa3db0c00\r\nserviceRequestId: 49c3109f-306d-0000-4798-daa4a6031f75",
  "status": 400,
  "source": "https://******************/_api/Web/Lists/getByTitle('Support%20&%20Projects%20Tracker')/Items(97)",
  "errors": [
    "-1",
    "Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InvalidClientQueryException"
  ]
}

Joorge_c

Got it to work,

This is the name I should use

Support_x0020__x0020_Projects_x0020_Tracker

I had to call get list only in a IE and look at the code to look up correct name

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 169 members 5,201 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: