cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

Client Credential Flow in power automate

We want to call 3rd party API, the 3rd party API follow the Client Credential flow as per this document:-

https://auth0.com/docs/get-started/authentication-and-authorization-flow/client-credentials-flow

so how we can call this API inside our Power Automate flow? i tried to create a custom connector, but seems custom connectors does not support Client Credential flows.. any advice?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @johnjohn123  I think you can use this guide How to create a custom connector in power automate with Graph API #PowerAutomate #GraphAPI - YouTube

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
joelzehring
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I am experiencing a similar issue. The above mentioned YouTube video didn't address it. According to Swagger documentation, clientCredentials is a valid flow type, but when I try to edit the flow value in the custom connector Swagger Editor, I get an error:

Structural error at securityDefinitions.oauth2_auth.flow
should be equal to one of the allowed values
allowedValues: implicit, password, application, accessCode

The accessCode flow seems to be the closest option to a clientCredentials flow, but it doesn't seem to work with the API I'm working with.

Since many automations effectively serve as middleware to quickly connect two systems and possibly introduce some business logic or data transformation, incorporating the clientCredentials option seems like a valuable feature moving forward.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,436)