cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan-101
Helper V
Helper V

Cloud flow reminders

I have various flows set up that email me 30 days before a documents review date, set by the column dates. Is there a way to leave my flow to check the date of the column each day, alert me on the first day (day 30) and then only alert me every however many days I want? for example every 7 days.

At present, I get an alert every day which is causing staff a headache.

6 REPLIES 6
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jonathan-101,

You could following these steps to approach that:

1. Create a Recurrence trigger that runs every day;

2. Use Get items or Get files action to find these items met the condition Review day equals to utcNow + 30 days by using the Filter query;

3. Create an Apply to each action to send reminder email to user;

4. Add Do until and set the loop end condition to utcNow greater than review date;

5. Delay 7 days, then send the reminder again.

PS: the TimeOut should set to PT720H to make it could run 30 days.

Screenshot 2021-03-02 103030.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-02 103049.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-02 103115.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, thank you for the above.

I am just in the process of testing. Could you please explain the timeout PT720H to make it could run 30 days.

I have some flows that run for less than 30 days that I would like to apply this to.

I am just in the process of testing. Could you please explain the timeout PT720H (I think this is 30 x 24 hrs?) and the Count 60 ?

I have some flows that run for less than 30 days (14/ 7 etc) that I would like to apply this to.

Hello,

I have set this up but still getting daily reminders instead of every 'set number' of days?

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jonathan-101,

Sorry for the late response, PT720H in ISO8601 format means a duration of 30 days. it will send an email every 7 days, until the review date greater than Current date, it will send 4 times before review date.

Could you please share your Flow configuration? I want to check if the error caused by the Flow structure.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, no problem - please see flow below.

I'm still getting a daily reminder.

2021-03-10 (2).png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,678)