cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cognito Form - adding a link to form submission thru approvals

I'm trying to have the actual form submission show up in the approval email.  So for example, I've build a timesheet in Cognito forms and I want to send it to the manager for approval.  I'd like the actual submitted timesheet to show up in the approval email - OR - a link to the submitted form.  When I input dynamic content and select "Entry View Link" - it takes me to the uncompleted form.  I want to show what was submitted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Cognito Form - adding a link to form submission thru approvals

Hi @kmoyer,

Thanks for updating.

But I am afraid that it might be not able to be achieved currently. please consider submitting a request on Flow Ideas Forum, I assume that it is a good addition for flow:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

May you consider sharing your account credentials to your managers so that they can sign in as admin and check the completed forms?

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kmoyer,

Do you want to show the details of the form on the email body?

If yes, please try to use dynamic content for each field and add them in the details field of the action Start an approval.

The flow might be configured likes below:

1.PNG

Please take it for a reference and try it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Yes I did try that, but we have so much information that it just looks awful.  I tried formatting it all different ways.

I think what I'm looking for is a way to get the link for the completed form to work.  Right now when I insert the dynamic field to view the form, it takes me to a blank form and not the one the user completed.

Highlighted

Below is a copy of my flow and how I would like it to work:

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kmoyer,

Please try to use the dynamic content Entry Admin link to see if it will work for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Highlighted

So that worked, EXCEPT that the person who is approving would need to be a user in Cognito forms as it makes you log in.  And I don't want to have all of my managers in as a user.

The Entry Admin link gave me this URL: https://www.cognitoforms.com/AnesthesiaServicesPA/5/entries/4

And what I really need to send in the approval is this URL: https://www.cognitoforms.com/AnesthesiaServicesPA/TimesheetSalariedAdmin#ynDkADDCt3IxikR1CxsqhHWJZ6x...

Any other thoughts?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kmoyer,

Thanks for updating.

But I am afraid that it might be not able to be achieved currently. please consider submitting a request on Flow Ideas Forum, I assume that it is a good addition for flow:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

May you consider sharing your account credentials to your managers so that they can sign in as admin and check the completed forms?

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @kmoyer!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yamao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,464)