cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dominika

Cognito forms and excel

Hi,

I am trying to set up a flow for adding a row into a table when new Cognito form is submitted. the flow is set up but it is failing every time I test it. Is it the spreadhseet settings? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Okay. So here is the thing, you will have to assign the Cognito Form Fields to populate the Columns in the Excel Sheet. For a reference please check the screenshot below: 

Form3.png

In the Excel sheet, I have a column named as "Name" and in the Cognito Form I have a field as "Name", Whenever a user submits the form, the Name value from Cognito is copied and the new row with that value is created in the Excel sheet. 

Please mark this as a Solution if it solved your problem. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Hi @Dominika , 

Please refer to the screenshots below and follow: 

cognitorun1.png

I am using the expression to join as we also want a <<space>> after the comma. If you don't just put the comma in the Join With. 

In the excel sheet, please select the output of the "Join" action to populate the cell with the string value. 

Flow run: 

cognitorun.pngHope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi can you post the error screenshot and the portion of the flow where you are creating this functionality? 

Thanks, 

This is what I received.

Thanks.

Untitled.pngUntitled 1.png

Hi, 

Can you please post a screenshot of the flow also? 

Thanks,

@Dominika wrote:

This is what I received.

Thanks.

Untitled.pngUntitled 1.png

Untitled 2.png

Okay. So here is the thing, you will have to assign the Cognito Form Fields to populate the Columns in the Excel Sheet. For a reference please check the screenshot below: 

Form3.png

In the Excel sheet, I have a column named as "Name" and in the Cognito Form I have a field as "Name", Whenever a user submits the form, the Name value from Cognito is copied and the new row with that value is created in the Excel sheet. 

Please mark this as a Solution if it solved your problem. 

Thanks,

Thanks a lot! It worked.

Will you be able to help with this one?

I have a Choice field with checkboxes on cognito forms and would like multiple choices to be inserted in one cell in excel. How do I go about this as the days are not displaying on the flow builder.

Hi @Dominika , I will surely try to. Can you please elaborate a little more along with a screenshot so that we may better assist you? 

Thanks, 

So this is a screenshot of the question from Cognito Forms

Capture.PNG

User can tick multiple boxes and I would like the answers to be present in one excel cell i.e. 9:00 - 10:00, 10:00 - 11:00, 17:00 - 18:00

When I try to create the flow the days are not coming up

1.JPG

I assume it is the items that relate to the days but when I chose Item the action is duplicated for each of them. As a result each ticked box is added as a new row in the table.

Hi @Dominika , 

Please refer to the screenshots below and follow: 

cognitorun1.png

I am using the expression to join as we also want a <<space>> after the comma. If you don't just put the comma in the Join With. 

In the excel sheet, please select the output of the "Join" action to populate the cell with the string value. 

Flow run: 

cognitorun.pngHope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

It worked. Thank you!

Hi @yashag2255  ,
just used the above flow and it works perfectly. Thank you so much!
How would you do it if you have like 4 or 5 different multi-ticked boxes, as creating that variable for each one looks like a supe complex way of doing it?

Thank you in advance,
N

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,912)