cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Collecting email addresses from mail sent to our organization

Hi

I am looking for a way to collect certain email addresses sent to our organization.

For example, if someone sends email to some recipient in our organization that comes from @company1.com domain, automation would add that email address to an Excel list.

If someone from domain @company2.com send email to someone in our organization, automation would add that email address to a another Excel list and so on.

That Excel list can be Sharepoint Online custom list or whatever list, as long as these email addresses gets listed to some list.

Is this possible and if it is, how should I build this kind of Flow? Or, is there some other tools for this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Collecting email addresses from mail sent to our organization

Hi @MODAD,

Are your organization one organization in Office 365?

I create SharePoint custom lists to store those email addresses, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

1. Add “When a new email arrives” trigger. Specify To field to email address of one of recipients in your organization, you could only add one recipient in To field currently. Besides, you couldn’t add the organization to the To field.
  2. Add a Condition, left input box set to From content of the return results of above trigger, right input box set to @Company1.com domain. In middle drop down, we choose contains.
  3. Within “If/yes” branch of “Condition”, we add “Create item” action.
  4. Within “if/no” branch of “Condition”, add a “Condition 2”, left input box set to From content of the return results of above trigger, right input box set to @Company2.com domain. In middle drop down, we choose contains.
  5. Within “if/yes” branch of “Condition 2”, we add “Create item” action.

Image reference:3.JPG

4.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:5.JPG

Bets regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi

Thanks for help!

I got the Flow created and saw couple of execution of the Flow but for some reason I do not see anything in my list.

I am new with Flow and was thinking if you could provide a bit clearer screen capture of the part where you create the item in the list? I can see that there are 4 fields, mine has only 3 fields.. I just can't see from the screen capture what those fields are so that I could do some comparison..

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted

Anybody please help!!

I am so close.. I can see that the Flow fires but it doesn't produce anything in to my list..

There is something in my Create Item part of the Flow. In the screen capture above, I can see that there is 4 fields in it but it's too blurry, I can't see what those fields are and in my Flow, it gives me only 3 fields in the Create Item part of the Flow...

I have something wrong in the Create Sharepoint List Item and I can't find any instructions for that operation...

Highlighted

By the way, it seems that this Flow collects mails that are sent to my mailbox.

Is it possible to create flow that is sent to another mailbox in our organization??

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,219)