cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oaghaei
Resolver I
Resolver I

Color Formatting is erased from the email card when making unrelated edits

Hello, I am curious if anyone else is running into this issue with color formatting being erased from the email card. Here is what I mean: 

I have a flow that includes an email card: 

oaghaei_0-1642523692992.png

In the body of the email, i formatted the text using the formatting panel at the top, for example, words are italicized and bolded. I also used the color picker to change the color of some words. I am able to save the flow and it runs fine. However, if I return to the email card and make a slight edit to the card, when saving it automatically removes all color from the email body. 

Is this happening to anyone else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @oaghaei ,

vjefferni_1-1642747568169.png

vjefferni_0-1642747540787.png

Please consider raise a ticket:

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@oaghaei 

I have been unable to replicate your issue.  Can you post screen shots show the action the formatting and another screen shot from after you save the Flow and edit the action?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hello @ScottShearer - certainly. 

Here are the screenshots. 

Initial email went out color coded:

oaghaei_0-1642525810015.png

I went back and made a sentence addition, but as you can see the card now shows all text in black: 

SCREENSHOT #2:

oaghaei_1-1642525822531.png

I saved my added statement and ran the flow by selecting my item in the sharepoint list and received the email (it shows the blue color was formatted to black automatically) but only my new addition had the blue color. 

SCREENSHOT #3:

oaghaei_2-1642525834492.png

Hi @oaghaei ,

I cannot reproduce this issue in a simple send Email flow as well, but doubt if HTML text messed up by the content of the "body/Applicationdeadline" part. Since I'm not able to get this kind of content from my own lists by using the same trigger and get item action as yours, please try and remove the body part and check the result. Besides, please share more details of the value of body/Applicationdeadline. What is it? Where was it from?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Best regards,

@v-jefferni thank you for attempting! So, the value of body/Applicationdeadline is the value of the date field that comes from a sharepoint list. However, the problem is not with the piped in field-value. The problem is with the simple text that is written in all caps "DEADLINE" (bolded and in color blue). I formatted it to blue and bolded it when I wrote the body of the email. The first flow runs fine, it produced the word "DEADLINE" bolded and in blue. 

However, when I went back to make a change to the text of the body content after the flow ran successfully (I didn't touch the word "DEADLINE", just added a simple question to the body of the email, the next time I ran the flow, the color from the bolded all caps "DEADLINE" word, no longer was there, the email was sent with a bolded all caps "DEADLINE" word in black rather than blue. 

Issue: every time I make a change to the text of the email body, I have to go back into the flow after I run it and manually color code the words.

I haven't used HTML for this, just typed up the regular text and piped in a field value from a sharepoint list in the same email.

Does this help clarify? Let me know if you'd like me to provide anything else. Thank you for helping me troubleshoot!

Hi @oaghaei ,

vjefferni_1-1642747568169.png

vjefferni_0-1642747540787.png

Please consider raise a ticket:

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

Best regards,

Best regards,

Thank you for the attempt @v-jefferni ! Sounds like indeed the issue may be isolated to me. I will raise the ticket. I appreciate you time!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,412)