cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edbellman
Advocate II
Advocate II

Column has Changed condition is failing

I have a Flow that checks for the change in a status field (EvalStatus). If true it should run thru a Switch, if false it should cancel.

For some reason true values are going thru as false.  Things I have tried to fix this so far:

• Delete and re-add ColumnHasChanged value in condition
  • Delete ColumnHasChanged value from condition, Rename Get Changes, re-add ColumnHasChanged
  • Using plain text 'true' (without quotes) in Condition
  • Using 'true' expression in Condition
  • Deleting and re-creating Condition (hence the different Condition names in the screenshot below)

Any ideas? FWIW, I have this exact same check and condition, even with the same column title, in another list and Flow and it works fine with plain text true.

evalstatusistrueyoufool.png

3 REPLIES 3
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @edbellman ,

did you try to put a 'Compose' action before the condition with the 'Has column changed....' dynamic content? Then you'll see in the flow history what value that dynamic content has, maybe it's not passed correctly.

I also tried it one of my flow and the dynamic content format looks different, which is strange...

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Hey @tom_riha , thanks for the reply.

I just tried the Compose step and it didn't seem to make a difference but did confirm true was being passed thru. I tried with both text and function versions of true in my condition.

evalstatusistrueyoufool2.png

That said, is there a limit to how many nested conditions you can have? This one is the fourth one down (so inside of three above nested conditions) if that would have any bearing.

Thanks again, Ed

Paulie78
Super User
Super User

Try with 1 instead of true, as an experiment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,395)