cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imcoDev
Regular Visitor

Combine get item results in a string

Hello,

I am using the Get items action to query a list that returns 16 items.  How can I combine the 16 items into a string that is separated by a line break?  Afterwards, I would insert it into an Email.

Thank you

Flow

list1.png

Returns 16 items

list2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Instea of "Set variable" Use "Append to string variable" action. If you are going to put it in an email you probably want a <br> tag instead of a line break. Then you can use your new variable in your email content.

If it were me, I would probably append the result to an array variable and use that as the source of a HTML Table in the email, but either approach would work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Instea of "Set variable" Use "Append to string variable" action. If you are going to put it in an email you probably want a <br> tag instead of a line break. Then you can use your new variable in your email content.

If it were me, I would probably append the result to an array variable and use that as the source of a HTML Table in the email, but either approach would work.

View solution in original post

Your suggestion worked for me.  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (74,487)