cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Comic/Image of the Day

Hello!

I'm fairly new to Power Automate and looking for assistance!  I'm trying to build a "Comic of the Day" on my SharePoint intranet homepage (modern communication site), and looking for a way with Power Automate.  I had previously connected a list webpart and had a view built to show based on a column named "Show Date", but the image is too small.  I'm hoping to use the column "show date" and make it so that a flow would copy a file to a new document library based on the show date matching [today].  Then have the flow rename the file to "comic of the day", so that the image viewer webpart would still be connecting to the same URL, and the image associated would rotate each day.  

I'm just not sure where to start or what pieces are needed to pull the flow together.  I've tried multiple ways but just can't seem to get it running.  Any help or direction is much appreciated!  

Thanks for reading!

Kevin Wolf

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kjwolf326,

You could create a Recurrence trigger to make Flow runs every day. Then use Get files action to find show date equals to today, then use Apply to each action and Move file action to move these files to the new library.

Which step are you stuck in? If you are facing any issue, share screenshot will help us assist you better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Thank you for your response!

OK so this is what I've gotten so far.  Please let me know if anything needs more explanation. 

1. Run the flow every day at midnight

2. Delete the existing Comic of the Day from the Shared Documents library.  (Doing it this way, so that when I hyperlink to this image on the homepage, the hyperlink will remain the same and not require me to update the homepage webpart.)

3. Get the properties of the Comic of the Day library? 

Steps 1 - 3Steps 1 - 3

4. Attempting to grab the file properties?

COTD Step 4.PNG

5. Applying the condition to only run for when: Show Date, is equal to, formatDateTime(utcNow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd')

6. If yes it matches the show date from above, copy the file to the Shared Documents folder. 

7. Update the file properties to the name of "Comic of the Day".  (Again doing this to maintain the hyperlink on the homepage to be the same.)

COTD Step 6-7.PNG

*in copy file 2 above, It shows copying it to /homepage comic folder, I updated this to send to the /documents folder.  

That's it so far, I had it setup a little differently previously and it would run, but it wouldn't ever find a file that matched and wouldn't copy anything.  

Thanks again for your help!

Kevin

Highlighted

Hi @v-litu-msft

I see I didn't tag you in my response above, wondering if you're able to take a look?  

Thanks in advance, 

Kevin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,951)