cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaySalla
Frequent Visitor

Comments from previous approvers - nested limit!

I'm working on my first workflow and I've hit a wall!

I have a 5 level approval workflow, and I need to store all comments along the way, and insert them into the approval request for the next approver.

I'm storing the approval comments in fields on the sharepoint file, I can see them as the approval goes from one to the next.  

I tried inserting the fields into the approval details (body), but they come up empty in the approval request, despite already being visible in Sharepoint.

So I tried a different approach using the "apply to each" and grabbing the comments from the previous approval.  that works.  But now I've hit another issue because I've now hit the nesting limits by nesting all 5 levels of approvals in the "apply to each" or the parents.

I'm guessing my workflow is very inefficient, but I'm new at this.  Any ideas?  Would make me look like a rockstar at the office!

Thanks so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chsanche
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JaySalla 

At this time, this is a product limitation, if you want/need more than 5 approvals, you can always create a second Flow that contains more approvals or more actions and call that one from the first Flow and so on as you need, please check on the following URL so you can achieve this if you think this can help with your scenario: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-nested-flows/.

Best Regards,

--

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions help users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
chsanche
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JaySalla 

At this time, this is a product limitation, if you want/need more than 5 approvals, you can always create a second Flow that contains more approvals or more actions and call that one from the first Flow and so on as you need, please check on the following URL so you can achieve this if you think this can help with your scenario: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-nested-flows/.

Best Regards,

--

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions help users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

View solution in original post

Hi and thanks for the reply.  It looks like the http request is a premium feature i would have to pay for.  Is there any other way to have one flow call another flow?

I found another way, i found a post that used a Switch to look at changes on custom fields, I will try and use that to trigger the next flow.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,156)