cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DesignerMat
Level: Powered On

Compare array data from lists to see differences

Hi All,

I am new to flow and the more advanced side of expressions ect. I have googled a lot around this issue and cant seem to make this work.

What I am trying to do is every (for the sake of this example) 10 seconds, pull list of planner board tasks, pull sharepoint list (which has another flow - New Planner task > sharepoint list, so they are the same details) filter out completed tasks and then compare 'percentComplete' of 'active tasks' if the value is different update sharepoint list if not do nothing.

This is what I have come up with - it works with a single task but as soon as I have multiple tasks it doesn't work.

I have a sinking feeling the answer is somewhat obvious, thank you for helping.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 5.07.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-09 at 5.07.40 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Compare array data from lists to see differences

Hi @DesignerMat,

As you could see in your flow, you are update the sharepoint list item for each planner task you have.

If you want to update the sharepoint list item with it's corresponding planner task, you should add a Condition inside your Apply to each 2 to acheck if the planner task is the corresponding one with the sharepoint list item.And move your existing Condition to the If yes branch of the Condition.

I have made a test on my side, please make sure the Title of your task in planner would be same with the Title in sharepoint list item, and the Title of your tasks would be unique, then please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DesignerMat,

As you could see in your flow, you are update the sharepoint list item for each planner task you have.

If you want to update the sharepoint list item with it's corresponding planner task, you should add a Condition inside your Apply to each 2 to acheck if the planner task is the corresponding one with the sharepoint list item.And move your existing Condition to the If yes branch of the Condition.

I have made a test on my side, please make sure the Title of your task in planner would be same with the Title in sharepoint list item, and the Title of your tasks would be unique, then please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

DesignerMat
Level: Powered On

Hi v-yuazh-msft,

Thanks for your reply your way worked a treat. I did however find another way to do it as well. It is still missing the filter to skip completed tasks but I can add that.

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 7.36.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 7.36.44 AM.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 315 members 4,762 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: