cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gwm
Level: Power Up

Comparing SharePoint items in two lists and copying data in one of the lists

I want to start out saying I am not a programmer and I am not sure if what I am trying to do is even possible with Flow.  

Here is the scenario:

I created a Microsoft Form and I am using Microsoft Flow to add the form results to a SharePoint List (Registration List).   I have another SharePoint list (Advisors List) that I need to compare a field  called Advisor Name from the Registration List.  If the field matches, then I want to copy other data (school name, address, city, etc) to the Registration List.  I have the same fields created in the Registration list, I just do not know how to create a Flow to compare the Advisor Name fields and copy the data from the Advisor List to the Registration list.

Is this possible with Flow? I searched the forum and found some things similar but not exactly what I was looking form. I could not figure out how to complete the flow process for this particular situation. 

Hopefully I gave enough information to explain my challenge.

Thanks for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Comparing SharePoint items in two lists and copying data in one of the lists

Hi @gwm ,

If there is always an item in the Advisors List that would match an item in the Registration List, please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Comparing SharePoint items in two lists and copying data in one of the lists

Hi @gwm ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the Registration List and the Advisors List?

Are there always an item in the Advisors List that would match an item in the Registration List?

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @gwm ,

If there is always an item in the Advisors List that would match an item in the Registration List, please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,473)