cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bourmatnov
Frequent Visitor

Comparing content of files or strings

I am receiving a upstream csv file with content for a downstream system and would like to determine if the previous csv processed is identical and if it is, not process the new file.  There is no change date available from source system so I cannot simply compare dates unfortunately.  If there are any changes between the two files I must resend everything - so there is no need for a record level compare.  I would imagine the best scenario is to do a file based compare.  If this is not possible, I could load the csv files into two separate strings and compare.  However, I cannot find any string functions to compare other than perhaps find text position and perhaps running it twice for each string direction. 

Any advice on the best solution pattern for this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bourmatnov,

You could use the Condition with "is equal to" to compare the content of two CSV file, if they are same content, it will go to "Yes" branch, or it will go to "No" branch.Annotation 2020-06-17 113614.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bourmatnov,

You could use the Condition with "is equal to" to compare the content of two CSV file, if they are same content, it will go to "Yes" branch, or it will go to "No" branch.Annotation 2020-06-17 113614.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,959)