cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HWib
Level: Powered On

Comparing two sets of data in SharePoint and list differences on another SharePoint

Hello all,

I have two sharepoint app that houses different data.

• SharePoint A collect information from individual to list country effected (multiple countries are listed in one field).
  • SharePoint B collect responses from individual country (each country have one line item).

For example: SharePoint A will collect information and list out all countries in one field (Albania, Singapore, Malaysia, and Japan). SharePoint B, will collect responses from each country (in this  case for one line item in A, there will be 4 items in SharePoint B - one for each country - Albania, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan). Each of the country will response at different time, sometime not at all. I want to be able to compare the countries from SharePoint A and SharePoint B, on which country has not responded. 

For example, Albania, and Singapore has responded (listed in SharePoint B), but Malaysia and Japan has not responded. So when I run the flow, it will output, Malaysia and Japan has not responded in SharePoint C (create item). I don't need it to be updated, but I would like to have the date the 'flow is run', so I can see over time if there is improvement in response rate.

In SharePoint A I have the following field:

- Country Name (listing out multiple countries name in one field separated by semi colon - Albania; Japan; Malaysia; Singapore)

- Information ID

- Date Sent

In SharePoint B I have the following Field:

- Country Name (one country in one field - Malaysia)

- Information ID (to link to SharePoint A)

- Date responded

In SharePoint C I have the following Field:

- Information ID

- Country(ies) that has responded

- Country(ies) that has NOT responded

- Date Report is run

Thanks in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Comparing two sets of data in SharePoint and list differences on another SharePoint

Hi @HWib ,

Will all Information ID in your List B would be same and the Information ID would always be same with the Information ID in your List A?

Please share a screenshot of your SharePoint List A and List B with the items in it so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HWib

Re: Comparing two sets of data in SharePoint and list differences on another SharePoint

Hi Alice,

Thanks for responding. In regard to your answer, yes, the same InformationID for both.

I created a mock SharePoint to represent my scenario above, as I cannot used real data to share. The countries in SharePoint A are separated by semicolon and not comma as screenshot below.

In example below, once the flow is run, it will show the value In sharePoint C:

• Information ID: 123456
  • In column Country that has responded: Albania;Singapore
  • In Column Country that has NOT responded: Japan;Malaysia

2019-02-26_13-58-27.png2019-02-26_14-00-33.png

HWib

Hi @v-yuazh-msft ,

Do you need any other information from me?

Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,908)