cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spoye Helper I
Helper I

Compete sharepoint form send email

Hello we are trying to build a flow, that will send an email when all departments sign off "complete".  The departments are a drop down, there are 6 each of which have questions to answer once done they have a check box "complete" that signals that department is done.   Problem is all six need sign off and once they do (which could take a couple days) we need and email to be sent.   How do we set know that all departments have sign 
off 2 days after the first department completed?

The email is set up, currently we have condition that has all departments AND Completed = true, all in one condition.  This doesn't not work,  any help would be appreciated 

6 REPLIES 6
spoye Helper I
Helper I

Re: Compete sharepoint form send email

This is the flow but doesn't work

Capture.PNG

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spoye,

Do you want to send out an email when all the departments status is changed to Complete?

Could you share more details on the list?

I guess that you have separate column for each department, and each department has corresponding sign off column.

If you want to send out an email until all the departments status is changed to Complete, please consider using Do until loop.

I have set up the flow likes below for your reference.

In the list, I have separate column for each department, and corresponding sign off column for each department.

Add the trigger When an item is created.

Add a Do until loop, within the loop add action Delay 1 minute, then Get item.

Then input the following code in advanced mode:

@and(equals(triggerBody()?['Department']?['Value'], 'Department1'),equals(triggerBody()?['SignOffStatus']?['Value'], 'Completed'),

equals(triggerBody()?['Department2']?['Value'], 'Department2'),equals(triggerBody()?['SignOffStatus2']?['Value'], 'Completed')

)

Under the loop, add action Send an email.

An image for your reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel  

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
spoye Helper I
Helper I

This put me in an infinite loop,please help.

spoye Helper I
Helper I

Sorry i gues my answers never posted,   We have a drop down that has the deparments listed (so they choose) they choose dept and then a drop down "Complete" has YES/NO.   Once all six have completed this we need to send an email.   

Maybe the form could be redesinged to help, but Im not sure how to set it up any differntly.

thanks for the help.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spoye ,

Could you show me more details on the configuration of SharePoint list?

You may need to create 6 department columns, and 6 sign off status columns for each department.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
spoye Helper I
Helper I

Hello thanks for the reply we have to have this done by the 30th.    Last night we changed the set up to have each department listed with a check box next to it.  So the sign off will be a check box,  keeping in mind it might take a couple day for complete sign off.

snipp.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,219)