cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete a Planner Task and get it to update that specific item in SP List

I have a flow which when a form is submitted & approved it creates an item in a SharePoint list & creates a Task in Planner. My second flow is set so when a Task is completed in the Plan it updates the relevent item in the SharePoint list however I can't get it to filter just that one item, it basically updates all in the list.

I think I need a filter array but bit unsure on the filtering down, so posting the pictures here so hopefully can get idea of where I am going wrong.

plannertask.jpgsharepointlist.pngflow.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @newpauser in the Get Items action, you can add the Filter Query to filter the Sharepoint Item that is related to Planner Task.

You can filter in many ways but if the Sharepoint item name is the same as Planner task name, you can use a condition like this:

FieldNameinSharepointList eq 'PlannerTaskTitle'

- FieldNameinSharepointList = the name of field you use in sharepoint, for example 'title'

- PlannerTaskTitle = add the dynamic parameter that contains the task name in planner

Example below:

flow.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (46,988)