cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newpauser

Complete a Planner Task and get it to update that specific item in SP List

I have a flow which when a form is submitted & approved it creates an item in a SharePoint list & creates a Task in Planner. My second flow is set so when a Task is completed in the Plan it updates the relevent item in the SharePoint list however I can't get it to filter just that one item, it basically updates all in the list.

I think I need a filter array but bit unsure on the filtering down, so posting the pictures here so hopefully can get idea of where I am going wrong.

plannertask.jpgsharepointlist.pngflow.jpg

1 REPLY 1
flaviatakushi
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newpauser in the Get Items action, you can add the Filter Query to filter the Sharepoint Item that is related to Planner Task.

You can filter in many ways but if the Sharepoint item name is the same as Planner task name, you can use a condition like this:

FieldNameinSharepointList eq 'PlannerTaskTitle'

- FieldNameinSharepointList = the name of field you use in sharepoint, for example 'title'

- PlannerTaskTitle = add the dynamic parameter that contains the task name in planner

Example below:

flow.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (974)