cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Complete a Planner task then create by Flow another Planner task in a different plan

Hello community,

I'm facing an issue I don't find the solution. I've built a Forms - Flow - Planner solution that worked well until users asked to add a new option. This is where problem starts.

To synthesis the flow, reqester fill a forms. Flow is the BPM engine that creates a planner task for workshop.

Pb is when the requester need 2 workshops to work one after the other on it. So I create a 1st planner feed by the Flow. When this task is completed I want to create  a new task also fille by the forms into a different plan.

Problem is I use "when a task is complete" but I can only select the plan, not the task ID. So as the job can require some delay, it frequently happen that a task is completed but has no link at all with the one I'm interested in to go on a new planner task created.

I attach a screen print of the flow.

Do you have any idea ?

2019-07-12 17_51_58-Microsoft Edge.png2019-07-12 17_52_18-Microsoft Edge.png2019-07-12 17_51_58-Microsoft Edge.png2019-07-12 17_52_18-Microsoft Edge.png

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Complete a Planner task then create by Flow another Planner task in a different plan

Hi @edouardeclair ,

Thank you for providing lots of information, but I am afraid I have not fully understood your issue.

If you can, please temporarily set the language of the Flow to English so that we can understand the configuration of your current Flow.

In addition, if you want to trigger Flow after the specified task is completed, you could consider using Condition to determine whether the current task is the specified one.

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: Complete a Planner task then create by Flow another Planner task in a different plan

Hi Barry,

Hi community,

I tried to change language to english, but it didn't work so well. On condition text moved to english. All other boxes stayed in french. I did it through the wheel in top right hand corner. Is there another way?

Otherwise your hint with a condition box could do the trick. My concern is what would happen when it it doesn't match the condition. I guess flow will drop to its end. I would like flow to wait for the condition to be matched then go on. Any idea?

Regards,

Edouard

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @edouardeclair ,

It may be that the default language set by the browser and the language of the current environment setting of Flow make the language displayed by some actions hard to switch.

Trigger will monitor all completed tasks and trigger Flow, and then it will check if the task is the specified one. This is actually waiting for the specified task to complete, and does not affect other tasks.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi Barry,

I'm testing your condition proposition combine with a do until. I'm having a hard time with the parameter of count and timeout. Otherwise I seem to be on the good track.

Do you know how to parameter timeout ? I want it to be 1 week. I tried P1W but got rejected. So now I try PT168H.

Regards

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @edouardeclair ,

Please check this thread and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Do-Until-only-works-for-1-hour/td-p/59849

Besides, you could refer to this blog and get more details about Do Until-Timeout:

https://syscloudpro.com/2018/05/20/microsoft-flow-mystery-of-do-until-loop/

Best Regards,

Highlighted

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your answer.

I've had a pb with an email overflow blocking the email adress. Could that come from the "do until" function ?

How to know frequency of the "do until" test until either the "count" or the "timeout" are reached?

Regards,

Edouard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,761)