cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DennisFreelance
Regular Visitor

Completed to-do task flow to sharepoint list

Hi,

I managed to create a flow between Microsoft to-do and my sharepoint lists. I have multiple lists and it's al working perfectly. 

But the difficult part seems to be the updating part, task completion.

I solely use to-do for my task management and I want completed to-do tasks deleted in Sharepoint. But thats where the trouble starts.

I managed to get to the point that it DID delete the completed to-do task, but also along with all the other tasks in the same list. I've been through every forum and post about this, even tried to copy it with another post about Planner tasks and then switching everything with Microsoft To-Do actions/triggers.

The main problem seems to be that my To-Do tasks have a different ID than the corresponding Sharepoint tasks, and I can't get it right.

Does anyone have the solution? This is the flow now ("Taken" is dutch for tasks):

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 01.03.01.pngScreenshot 2021-01-06 at 01.04.59.png

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

First off thank you for the reply, but it didn't help my flow. I still don't understand how to use the filter query, even with reading all the documentation about it. It's just not for me haha.

I solved it by just deleting the filter query entirely and "Delete Item" shouldn't have been "current item", but rather "id". When I saved it, it became the variable version of "id", the pink one. Then it worked.

I even managed to link my to-do to my sharepoint & outlook, along with creating, updating and deleting tasks along with events.

But again,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my problem, and I'm sorry for not answering.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @DennisFreelance  when you use get item in filter query you need to do it kike this: Columnname eq 'Title'

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 01.04.59.png

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

First off thank you for the reply, but it didn't help my flow. I still don't understand how to use the filter query, even with reading all the documentation about it. It's just not for me haha.

I solved it by just deleting the filter query entirely and "Delete Item" shouldn't have been "current item", but rather "id". When I saved it, it became the variable version of "id", the pink one. Then it worked.

I even managed to link my to-do to my sharepoint & outlook, along with creating, updating and deleting tasks along with events.

But again,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my problem, and I'm sorry for not answering.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (3,513)