cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derekjyow
Level: Powered On

Completing flow- Parallel Branches.

Background information- I am building my first very simple flow. I have a Microsoft Form that surveys our team and the flow currently emails the appropiate team member according to our clients response. To paint the "flow picture", I simply have 10 paralled branches with nearly the same condition.

Error- I am trying to add an 11th parallel branch conditioned to email my manager if a team member is rated a 7 or below on 1 of 2 seperate questions. I've tried selecting "dynamic content- Pick your account manager", "equal to or less than", and the number 7; but my flow test fails on the 11th condition. Do I need to create another flow for this?

8 REPLIES 8
Gristy
Level 10

Re: Completing flow- Parallel Branches.

can you post the configurationa and the error please.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @derekjyow ,

Could you provide the specific configuration of a single branch and the details of the error currently encountered? Is there any error message?

Please share more details so that we can provide the right workaround.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
derekjyow

Thank you both for stepping in and helping. The condition is below and the error I am receiving is below this one.

Flow condition.JPG

Flow Error.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @derekjyow ,

From the error message, the value you configured in the right parameter of the Condition is not the expected type. An integer is needed here, but the actual value is a string.

Please confirm if this is the case. If this value can be converted to an integer, you could try to convert it using the int() function.

Like:

87.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
derekjyow

The Form option to these particular questions are integers 1-10. Which route do you suggest I take?

I greatly appreciate your help with this.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @derekjyow ,

Please follow the screenshots I provided to test and output the corresponding Dynamic content value and observe its type.

Now from the error message, the corresponding type of Dynamic content is not an integer, but string.

Regards,

derekjyow

Hey @v-bacao-msft 

I tried your expression. The flow ran, but it's not sending the email. Should I have used your feedback as a new flow? See photo for the message received.Flow pt 3.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @derekjyow ,

The current situation is that the current execution result does not meet the conditions set in Condition, so the result is false, which seems to be the expected result.

The logic here is that only the conditions are met before the message can be sent.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,585)