cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cah2035
Helper III
Helper III

Compose action skipped due to Condition, but gives a null value that I do not want

Hello, 
I have a flow that is checking in a source if a Sample ID exists. For all that do not exist, I am composing a list. However, for the ones that do exist, the compose action gives them a null value. 

First up is the "Apply to All" action which goes through each Sample ID to check if it exists, when it does not, a compose is created to hold the Sample ID. Once it goes through all items, I have another Compose action that takes the Outputs from all the Compose actions within the Apply to All. 

Sample1.png

Sample2.png

However, for items where the Sample ID does not exist, I get the "ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied" message, which is expected since the condition is not running that Compose action. But it ends up giving me the "Null" value in the final compose action. How can I stop this from happening?

Sample3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jronash
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

If you want to construct your array using this method, you're not going to be able to avoid those null values.  Fortunately, it's easy to remove them with the Filter array action.  Just do something like this:

filter.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jronash
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

If you want to construct your array using this method, you're not going to be able to avoid those null values.  Fortunately, it's easy to remove them with the Filter array action.  Just do something like this:

filter.png

@Jronash  That was perfect, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,044)