cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Concatenate multiple form fields into formatted list in SharePoint item

Hello, I have multiple fields on a form that I would like to format to appear as a comma delineated list in my sharepoint item, or ideally as a block with each field entry on its own line. 

Here is my current flow with Create item pulling in MS form entries. For Course Name, I have 8 different fields from my form (user can potentially enter up to 8 courses at a time for reimbursement, and unfortunately they are all named the same thing in the form): https://imgur.com/Fx5oE61 

When the flow runs, this is how the field entries in Sharepoint are created. I'd like them separated by either a comma or a line break: https://imgur.com/w2ucU7j 

I understand how concatenate works in theory, but when I tried implementing this as an expression on my create item field, it did not like using the form responses in the expression - do I need to implement some kind of compose operation and then update item? I'd prefer to do this with all 8 course name fields at once, rather than 8 different compose or concatenate functions.

Thank you very much - this one has really stumped me and I'm still learning Power Automate.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Which column from the flow action you are referring to? If it is Course names, you can simply enter a comma in each of those form fields to generate comma-separated values.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Super User II
Super User II

hi @l9hunter if you want to add comas you can type it like this

asd.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Which column from the flow action you are referring to? If it is Course names, you can simply enter a comma in each of those form fields to generate comma-separated values.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Super User II
Super User II

hi @l9hunter if you want to add comas you can type it like this

asd.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Frequent Visitor

@ChristianAbata @PrasadAthalye thanks to you both. I guess in the complexity I overlooked you can just separate with commas. 😂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (76,302)