cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l9hunter
Frequent Visitor

Concatenate multiple form fields into formatted list in SharePoint item

Hello, I have multiple fields on a form that I would like to format to appear as a comma delineated list in my sharepoint item, or ideally as a block with each field entry on its own line. 

Here is my current flow with Create item pulling in MS form entries. For Course Name, I have 8 different fields from my form (user can potentially enter up to 8 courses at a time for reimbursement, and unfortunately they are all named the same thing in the form): https://imgur.com/Fx5oE61 

When the flow runs, this is how the field entries in Sharepoint are created. I'd like them separated by either a comma or a line break: https://imgur.com/w2ucU7j 

I understand how concatenate works in theory, but when I tried implementing this as an expression on my create item field, it did not like using the form responses in the expression - do I need to implement some kind of compose operation and then update item? I'd prefer to do this with all 8 course name fields at once, rather than 8 different compose or concatenate functions.

Thank you very much - this one has really stumped me and I'm still learning Power Automate.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Which column from the flow action you are referring to? If it is Course names, you can simply enter a comma in each of those form fields to generate comma-separated values.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @l9hunter if you want to add comas you can type it like this

asd.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

3 REPLIES 3
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Which column from the flow action you are referring to? If it is Course names, you can simply enter a comma in each of those form fields to generate comma-separated values.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @l9hunter if you want to add comas you can type it like this

asd.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

l9hunter
Frequent Visitor

@ChristianAbata @PrasadAthalye thanks to you both. I guess in the complexity I overlooked you can just separate with commas. 😂

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,205)