cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingslowpoke
Frequent Visitor

Concurrency control breaks flow

Hi. 

I have a process where I need to create excel file based on user selected rows from Dynamics using when record is selected. Everything works fine until I turn on the concurrent runs feature and limit it 1. Process generates 2 rows per record and I need to have them in order so this is a must if multiple rows have to be run. Otherwise generated order would be 1-1-2-2 instead of 1-2-1-2.

But turning concurrency control on makes the flow unable to return dynamic values. When a record is selected just stops returning anything. example.JPG

Any ideas how to fix this? Or is there something about concurrent runs that I am just not getting? Another way to set run order would be nice aswell.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

It started working again by itself after 30 minutes or so with the concurrent runs still on. 😅

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

I am able to reproduce this issue. When concurrency control is OFF, and I trigger the flow from model driven app, it ask for the field inputs which I defined in my flow trigger as shown below:

Screen1.png

When concurrency control is ON, then this text input is ignored due to which the trigger returns 0 records.

Screen1.png

You should consider opening a Support Ticket with Microsoft Support, to get this investigated further and get it fixed.

Links:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Hope this helps !

Hi, 

It started working again by itself after 30 minutes or so with the concurrent runs still on. 😅

Microsoft101
Advocate I
Advocate I

I can confirm that turning concurrency control on also broke the "On Power BI Button Clicked" trigger on my flow. Same issue where the entity is returning blank. It won't let you turn the concurrency back off even if you delete the trigger entirely.

I just ended up remaking my flow and hoping two people don't use it at once.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,319)