cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Condition Based on Number Calculated Field

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a simple scheduled flow linked to a SharePoint list that will send an email for each item when the column 'Remaining Hours' is less than 10. But I keep getting an Action Failed error saying Invalid Template. Not sure if it makes a difference but the Remaining Hours is a calculated column. 

I have attatched images of the list, the column setup and the flow.

I hope you can help.

Many thanks,

Karl

Flow - ConfigurationFlow - ConfigurationFlow - FailureFlow - FailureList - Allocated HoursList - Allocated HoursList - Hours WorkedList - Hours WorkedList - Remaining HoursList - Remaining HoursList - ValuesList - Values

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@KnipeBolland 

The condition should be inside of the apply to each action - just like in your original Flow.

There should be no apply to each in the "yes" side of the condition.

So, if you go back to your original Flow and just change the left side of the condition to what I provided in my screen shot, you should be OK.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Super User III
Super User III

@KnipeBolland :

You can add an expression to the left side of the condition which converts the value to an integer and it should work for you.

Please note that the value you want may not be available via dynamic properties and you'll have to enter it manually in the expression.  The expression that I used is in the comment area of the condition.  The screen shot below is from a Flow that runs without error based on a list that I created from your screen shots.

Condx.jpg

Scott

The other thing I was going to suggest was to put the "10" in the expression window.  I've seen where it doesn't recognize the criteria as an integer, otherwise.

-Ed-

Thanks Scott @ScottShearer and Edd @edgonzales so much for your prompt reponses.

I have just tried what you requested and I am recieving a different error now when I try and save the flow after adding the expression.

I have attatched a screenshot.

Thank you for you help with this.

Karl

Flow Failure Message 2Flow Failure Message 2

@KnipeBolland 

The condition should be inside of the apply to each action - just like in your original Flow.

There should be no apply to each in the "yes" side of the condition.

So, if you go back to your original Flow and just change the left side of the condition to what I provided in my screen shot, you should be OK.

Scott

View solution in original post

Thanks Scott!

Opened the wrong flow when I came to test it. 

All works perfectly now thanks so much for your help!

Karl

Hi Scott @ScottShearer ,

I wonder if you can help again, all has been working fine until the remaining hours has a .5 value in it then it appears to fail again on that specific item.

Have you any idea what the issue could be?

Thank you

Karl

Flow Fail on itemFlow Fail on itemList view with ,5 valueList view with ,5 value

@KnipeBolland 

You'll want to replace int in your expression with float - everything else should remain the same.

float(items('Apply_to_each')?['Remaining_x0020_Hours'])

Scott

Thanks Scott works perfectly!

Hi, I have a similar Flow need, with a Condition of a Calculated Column being equal to 90, but the integer formula suggested in this thread is not working.  The below is the error message, the flow overview, and the integer expression.

Here is the error message during testing:

Error Message.JPG

Here is the Flow Overview:

Flow Overview.JPG

Here is my integer expression:  

int(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['DaysRemaining'])

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

@KMattern 

Try the following:

• removing int() from the expression (try this first)
  • Replace int() with float()

Scott

Hi Scott,

I appreciate the suggestion, but replacing int with float didn't work.  Here is the new, but similar, error message:Error Float.JPG

Here is the new expression in my Condition:  float(Items('Apply_to_each_2')?['DaysRemaining'])

-KMattern

@KMattern 

What type of column is DaysRemaining?  Check the output of your Get items action - are there null values?  Can you post a screen shot of what the data in that column looks like from the Get items output?

Scott

Hi @ScottShearer ,

DaysRemaining is a calculated column, counting down the days between a dated column (AgreementEnd) and today.
DaysRemaining column settings.  AgreementEnd is a dated column.DaysRemaining column settings. AgreementEnd is a dated column.

I'm not certain how to get at the Output for Get Items, but I see a Status code 200, and a scrolling window of Headers information, then a scrolling window of Body information.  What steps would I take to show this scrolling information for your review?  Nothing in the Headers window contains "null".

-KMattern

@KMattern 

This should work - I just tested.

Wrap both sides of your expression in a float() expression.  In my example, I use Get item vs Get items - it doesn't matter.  Just select the calculated date column inside of your float() expression from Dynamic properties.

Float1.jpgFloat2.jpg

Not related to your Flow, but please note that your calculated date column is not dynamic - the only time the calculation will change is when the item is edited.  You are using a Today() expression in the column calculation but the value will not be updated unless with a value based on today unless you edit the item.

Scott

@ScottShearer ,

The float expression doesn't allow me to choose dynamic fields Get Items or DaysRemaining, so I typed it manually as:  float(body('Get_items')?['DaysRemaining']) and changed it to equal float(90), but still got an error.  Why am I not able to select my dynamic fields - would that be a reason why it's failing?  Side question, do I not need to incorporate the Apply to Each at all in this condition statement?

Error Float90.JPG

-KMattern

Immediately before your condition, use a compose action and select your date value for the compos action value.  Then, reference the compose action in when creating your expression in the condition instead.

Scott

@ScottShearer ,

I added a Compose before my Condition and used DaysRemaining.  My Condition now reads Outputs is equal to 90.

The test ran successfully, but when the Compose Output read 90.000000000, the Condition reported it as False.  I'm very close, but must be missing a crucial piece of the puzzle.

ComposeOutputFail.JPG

Update:  I altered my Conditional statement to:  float(outputs('Compose')) is equal to 90 and it works!!  Thank you @ScottShearer for your help!!

-KMattern

Hi, I had a similar issue of converting a calculated field to integer, but after trying that I got this error.

'Template language expression cannot be evaluated: the default fired trigger is not defined at current scope'

The formula I have used is "int(items(triggerBody()?['Total_x0020_Cost']))" where Total Cost is the calculated field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (11,420)