cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdviconEdu

Condition Check Failure (Approval)

I have a bit of advanced flow. Conditions worked fine until it goes for around 10 steps in the flow. But once I started adding more connectors to the flow, conditions started working in the opposite way.

Ex: Condition I added for approval:

The response is equal to Approve 

• For Yes side: It runs when Reject the approval request
  • For No side: It runs when Approve the approval request

Then I have to edit and change the condition to "is not equal to". Then when I approve, it approves by going into Yes side. Does this make sense?

Also, if I edit the flow later, to add/ update anything else, flow again works fine. Means, I have to change that "is not equal to" again back to "is equal to".

This is not what should be happening. 'Yes' part should run when Approve. This works fine for my small flows. Please check.

This bug is failing our systems over and over again. Reported before. No action has been taken.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

Use Outcome for your condition, as this gives you entire outcome of the approval. Your approval can be sent to many approvers but we are not interested in the individual responses, we only want to know the final outcome.

ekarim2020_1-1628417159254.png

Ellis

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

Please could you post the clear screen shots of your flow to help understand what is going on.

Ellis

Screenshot 2021-08-08 145455.png

This is what I am experiencing. Because of that, I have to set the condition "Is not equal to" te get the flow works correctly. Apologies for the text, I wrote using mouse. 🙂

Again if I edit and update anywhere in the flow at a later time, the flow goes back to working correctly. Then I have to change the condition back to "is equal to" where it should be the one in the first place. 

The funny part is, if I update again, I have to set the condition to "is not equal to", to get the flow again works.

See, how hard this is. I don't know why they didn't find this bug. 

FYI: Flow is designed correctly. I've other small flows where this approval works very fine. But all my flows with more steps face this issue.

Thanks.

ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

Use Outcome for your condition, as this gives you entire outcome of the approval. Your approval can be sent to many approvers but we are not interested in the individual responses, we only want to know the final outcome.

ekarim2020_1-1628417159254.png

Ellis

View solution in original post

Hi @ekarim2020,

I will set this condition and monitor for the next few days, and let you know. If this works as expected, will mark your suggestion as the solution. 🙂  

Hi @ekarim2020,

Thank you for the suggestion. It seems all flows are working fine as expected. We made several edits to the flows and didn't get issues like before. 

BR,

Nimesh 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,820)